Miles Franklin, 1879-1954
Australian writer and feminist, best known for her autobiographical novel, My Brilliant Career, published in 1901 with the support of Australian writer, Henry Lawson. While she wrote throughout her life, her other major literary success, All That Swagger, was not published until 1936.
She was committed to the development of a uniquely Australian form of literature, and she actively pursued this goal by supporting writers, literary journals, and writers' organisations, and through her endowment of the Miles Franklin Award.
- My Brilliant Career (1901)
- Some Everyday Folk--and Dawn (1909)
- Old Blastus of Bandicoot (1931)
- Bring the Monkey (1933)
- All That Swagger (1936)
- My Career Goes Bung 
- Pioneers on Parade (1939) - with Dymphna Cusack
Under the pseudonym of "Brent of Bin Bin"
- Up the Country (1928)
- Ten Creeks Run (1930)
- Back to Bool Bool (1931)
- Prelude to Waking (1950)
- Cockatoos (1954)
- Gentlemen at Gyang Gyang (1956)
- Joseph Furphy: The Legend of a Man and His Book (1944)
- Laughter, Not for a Cage (1956)
- Childhood at Brindabella (1963)