Welcome to eBooks@Adelaide
- The Design and Construction of eBooks / Steve Thomas
- How to make ebooks, from the creator of this site.
- Lalla Rookh: an oriental romance, by Thomas
- A series of tales in verse, linked by a frame tale about the
princess of the title travelling to a distant city to wed her prince. Some of the illustrations for this, by Tenniel,
are beautiful, if not as endearing as those he produced for Alice in Wonderland.
- The Diary and Letters of Madame D'Arblay / with notes
by W. C. Ward 
- This is a fascinating selection from the diary and letters of Fanny Burney, including her experiences at the court
of George III during his madness, with the French emigres after the French Revolution, and during the Napoleonic wars.
To be honest, the original text (from Project Gutenberg) was unusually riddled with scanning errors, so there are going
to be errors in some places, particularly the last chapters (did the proof readers get tired?!) But still a interesting
and engaging read.
- The Wanderer; or, Female Difficulties / Fanny Burney 
- this historical novel with Gothic overtones set during the 1790s tells the story of a mysterious woman who attempts
to support herself while hiding her identity. The novel focuses on the difficulties faced by women as they strive for
economic and social independence.
Begun in the 1790s, the novel took Burney fourteen years to complete.
. . . more news, from our Google+ page
or our Facebook page